BerkelBike Pro Shimano 11-Speed with Electric Motor
The BerkelBike Pro Shimano 11-Speed
An Innovative Hybrid Recumbent Tandem
The BerkelBike Pro is a combination handcycle and recumbent trike driven by both arm and leg power, providing pedaling options and a full body workout. Pedal freely with your feet and steer with the handlebar like a typical trike, but turn the hand crank and your feet will passively participate in “fixed gear” style. This allows riders with diminished leg strength or coordination to complete full pedal strokes, benefiting from the range of motion, circulation and exercise, or just give tired limbs a rest.
The BerkelBike Pro is the ideal solution for physically challenged individuals who cannot use or have limited use of their legs.
- Adaptable Fit
- Pedaling with Hands, Feet, or Together!
- Various Optional Pedal Options Including Calf Support, Toe Clips, and Heel Straps (need to be purchased separately)
- High Quality, Durable Shimano Gears
- Equipped with a Shimano Steps Motor, Battery and Charger
Contact us to learn about customization and accessories for this bike. Learn more about the BerkelBikePro's features, tech specs and testimonials here.
It is a combination of a hand-cycle and a recumbent bike and is driven by using both the power of the arms as well as legs. When the arms create propulsion the legs automatically move simultaneously. Therefore with assistance from the arms, even legs with diminished leg capacity can cycle.
Even during cycling it is possible to continue only with the arms or the legs and give tired body parts a rest.
The bike creates a full body workout for both fully functional body parts as well as impaired ones. In combination with unique options it is also possible to get heavily impaired or even paralyzed legs moving again.
Benefits of the BerkelBike Pro
- Ideal to combine recreation, sport and rehabilitation
- Adaptable to many disabilities
- Custom setup to user preferences and user objective
- Changing most settings effortlessly without any tool
- Design ensures the most comfortable experience
- Low seating position for more stable and agile movements
- Easy to transport in a car
The BerkelBike Pro can be of used in cases of diminished coordination or strength in the legs or arms and legs. Some disabilities that greatly benefit from the BerkelBike are Multiple Sclerosis, spinal cord injury, amputations or general brain damage.
Please note that pedals for the BerkelBike are sold separately to ensure a proper and custom fit.
Dimensions: 45 x 24 x 16 in